My latest creation

Yesterday I finally got around to fracturing a piece of fabric Michelle gave me at the Winter Quilt Show (the quilt will be hers when I'm done with it).  This time I decided to do something that only appeared in the book as a photo-shopped quilt.  Before fracturing I added fabric frames to the panels.

The fish panels were cut 12" square and the frames were cut 2 1/2" wide.  Then I cut the panels at a 45 degree angle.

I really like the way this strip set looks when set on point.  I'll have to make another fracture that only goes this far.

The extra seams from the added frames made pressing the seams open harder to do, but it wasn't prohibitive to the process.  And the boundary between the panel and the frame adds some extra interest to the piece.  I'll definitely do this again.  Now I need to figure out how I want to finish this quilt and get it done.  I'm hoping to enter it in the Fiberworks show before I give it to Michelle.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s