As the year comes to a close it's time to post my resolution for 2010. 2009's resolution was to complete 12 quilts for myself. I made my goal, but now have a big stack of quilts that I'm not sure what to do with. The vast majority of them are going to end up stored in a closet. What fun is that?
I have decided that 2010's resolution must be a bit more practical in nature. For the coming year I plan to finish up 12 of my UFO's. The only rule is that the project must have been started no later than December 31, 2009.  This time giving them away or selling them is absolutely OK. That will help to reduce the clutter around here. I've already started a list of which projects I would like to get taken care of in the coming year. This is, of course, subject to change as the year progresses.
1. Mike & Holly's wedding gift — quilt, bind.
2. Double Wedding Ring — finish piecing, quilt, bind
3. One Block Wonder — quilt, bind
4. Embroidered Butterflies — finish embroidery, design setting, piece, quilt, bind
5. Fractal Nine Patch – quilt, bind
6. Old Thimbleberries shop sample — attach borders, quilt, bind
7. Old Jinny Beyer shop sample — attach borders, quilt, bind
8. Purple and Green Kaleidoscope — quilt, bind
9. Paula Nadelstern Kaleidoscope — quilt, bind
10. Haunted Houses wall hanging — design setting, piece, quilt, bind
Quilts 1,8, and 10 are already scheduled to be given away and I have no particular attachment to 6 & 7 so will easily part with them when and if the opportunity arises. There are countless more UFO's around the house that I hope to make at least some progress on during the coming year and I have quite a stack of my own quilts just waiting for their turns on the quilting machine. But first I must finish up a challenge quilt that is due at the end of the month and finish up my guild's next raffle quilt. It needs to be completed by the middle of January. Oh, and I'm hoping to have a new book ready to go to press by the end of 2010. Guess I'd better go get busy!
 That means I still have some time to start some new ones!