New Year’s weekend I couldn’t stand it anymore. I decided to finally seriously tackle my upstairs sewing room (not to be confused with my downstairs studio where all the “magic” happens). Those of you who have been around a while will remember back in 2009 when I did a major clean up of said studio and vowed to tackle the upstairs.
Here’s a close up of the disaster for those too busy to click on the above link:
There was a circuitous path to the sewing machine, but even it was filled with obstacles. And for the past 6 months or so I’d been searching for two very important things — my charm quilt (in progress) and my Christmas cookie cutters (being used as hand quilting stencils). I knew they were somewhere in that room, but couldn’t seem to track them down.
Here’s the way my room looks today: