When I last left you my Joy challenge was waiting to be quilted.
As I spent the next couple of days looking at it I decided it looked far more static that I would like. After all, it’s supposed to express motion. My solution to that problem was to add more jumping notes. This time I gave them more motion — I even made one bounce.
I think this was a major improvement to the composition. Since the embroidery went through the batting and there was so little border left over after I cut it down to the correct size I elected not to quilt this piece. I simply added the binding and called it done.
This past Tuesday evening was our small group meeting and the unveiling of all the pieces. This was a tough topic and only 8 out 14 showed up with quilts to show. A couple of those were not yet finished. I hope we see more in the near future.